I have recently come across using jackfruit in my vegan dishes and I freaking love it! I had only tried jackfruit once before in Tanzania and would never in my wildest dreams have thought “Oh this would be great on top of nachos!” But oh my god, it is good.
When cooked, jackfruit has got a very meaty texture, a lot like pulled pork. It falls apart and the fibres of the jackfruit are quit stringy, yet tender and juicy and just yummmm.
I am addicted to trying vegan jackfruit recipes at the moment – I seriously can’t get enough! I know that it is a kind of obscure concept and a bit strange, but trust me on this one!
You can buy jackfruit in cans at your grocery store, and it is quite an affordable ingredient.
Here are my favourite vegan jackfruit recipes
1. These pulled jackfruit tacos from Lazy Cat Kitchen
2. Vegan Potato Jackfruit Stew from Veggie Society
3. Vegan Bao Buns with Pulled Jackfruit by Lazy Cat Kitchen
4. Vegan Nachos With Barbecue Jackfruit from Dora’s Daily Dish
5. Pulled Jackfruit Bowls by Lazy Cat Kitchen
6. Vegan Butter Chicken by What She Ate
7. Vegan Pot Pie (GF) by Earth Of Maria
How good do all of these jackfruit recipes look!
I am literally drooling over this! Tonight, I am making my Nepalese “chicken” jackfruit curry. Making the chicken version for my husband is just absolute clockwork for me, seeing as the only meals he likes are either chicken or lamb curries! I used to love the chicken curry when I ate meat, so having a vegan version is the best thing ever!
What is your favourite vegan jackfruit recipe?